Singing our hearts out!
Who We Are
The Quintessentials are an off-shoot of the Schneider Male Chorus. We tend to sing a capella and a half overlapping style but mostly different set of repertoire from the main chorus. There are some things a small group can do differently from a large chorus and that’s where we try to be.
What We Do
We are available to do private or public functions of almost any kind in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge area and surroundings. Repertoire ranges from Pop to Sacred. We are happy to work out a custom program for you. Presentation lengths vary from 15 to 60 minutes. We can perform for up to 100 without a sound system depending on the venue. Staging requirements are very flexible – we’ll work with what you’ve got.
The following is our recent repertoire.
- Happy Together – a la The Nylons or The Turtles
- Fire and Rain – James Taylor – a touching song
- Side by Side – some classic Barbershop
- The Longest Time – Billy Joel – energetic love song
- And So It Goes – Billy Joel
- Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) – Billy Joel (we like his stuff)
- Absolutely Cuckoo – Magnetic Fields – a very fun love song
- The Book of Love – Magnetic Fields – a both touching and quirky love song that gets to show off our bass singer
- More Than Words – Extreme
- Silhouettes – a la The Rays, Herman’s Hermits, The Nylons, etc.
- Precious Lord, Take My Hand – Martin Luther King’s favourite song. Gospel
- The Introverted Army – The Arrogant Worms. Fun.
- Moondance – Van Morrison – romance the audience
- Bearcat – we have taken this Canadian classic by David Wilcox in new directions
- Lollipop – from the Pitch Perfect 2 movie Treblemakers
- BlackBird – beautiful Beatles number
- Frobisher Bay – a wonderful but chilling look at the life of a whaler
- Sing You’re Way Home – a great way to end an evening
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – pure fun, classic Queen
- Abendlied – 6-part harmony mid-19th century sacred motet by Rheinberger
- Mad World – Tears for Fears
- My Evaline – barbershop – we have regular re-writen the words of this song for the occasion.
- Mr. Noah – an old but fun telling of the story of Noah and the Ark.
What people say
Recent quotes from listeners:
“I have been telling my son about you for 2 years. It is so nice to get to hear you again. You really need to record a record.”
“YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!! Would you be able to record your singing on a CD for us? I put your performance at the same level as the Wise Guys.”
“Your Entertainment was First Class, a Wonderful Variety and Stirring! Our Residents were drawn from their rooms through-out your warm-up and continued coming well into your Heartfelt Performance!
We would love to have You back and make your Performance a Christmas Tradition at The Village Manor!” (Wesley Moore,The Village Manor Retirement Home, St Jacobs, Ontario)
“You were channelling the Nylons”
“It’s like you were actual professionals!”
“I don’t usually like barbershop or guys groups, but you were a lot of fun and had me engaged the whole time.”
And just so we can say we warned you, we occasionally tell jokes. Way down here at the bottom of the page where almost no one ever looks.
Get in Touch
The Quintessentials Quintet
Send Us a Message
Copyright The Quintessentials Quintet 2019 – All rights reserved